District Parent and Family Partnership
Resources for Navigating a “New Normal”
- RIS Center: The IRIS Center is a national center dedicated to improving education outcomes for all children, especially those with disabilities, from birth through age 21 through the use of effective evidence-based practices and interventions. This website provides a module for parents to support learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- U.S. Department of Education STEM Webinars: The Aug. 25 Cyber Education webinar will highlight workforce, teacher and student opportunities. Future webinars will address STEM Competitions, STEM and Social Emotional Learning, and Convergence, Innovation and Entrepreneur Education. All of the webinars are free and accessible. Related questions and comments can be directed to the Robert Noyce/Ellen Lettvin STEM Education Fellow Patti Curtis, at Patti.Curtis@ed.gov.
- Supporting Children’s Reading at Home – Family Resources for Kindergarten through 3rd Grade: On July 9, the Regional Education Laboratory (REL) Southeast hosted a webinar for parents and caregivers of rising kindergarten through 3rd-grade students on how to support reading in the home setting. The “Supporting Children’s Reading at Home – Family Resources for Kindergarten through 3rd Grade” webinar provided participants with an overview of the components of the REL’s Supporting Your Child’s Reading at Home resources and a virtual walk-through of the website containing the resources. The recorded webinar will be posted on the Institute of Education Sciences’ YouTube account.
- Comprehensive Center Network COVID-19 Education Resources: Nationwide, educators and families are rapidly transitioning from traditional classroom learning settings to learning from home through online resources. The National Center has assembled a Rapid Response Team to curate an extensive list of Resources for Continuity of Learning.
Resources are not endorsed by the Kentucky Department of Education and are provided for informational purposes only.
Parent and Family Engagement
Title I Parent and Family Engagement District Policy
Title I School Wide Program Plans, Parent and Family Engagement Policies and School-Family Compacts
- East Valley Elementary
- Ezel Elementary
- Morgan Central Elementary
- Wrigley Elementary
- Morgan County Middle School
- Morgan County High School